I worked for 16 weeks one year in Columbia, SC, with a great group of folks down at SCANA (including the guy who won $100,000 from America’s Funniest Home Videos for his quadruplets). The best contact I met there was Rick Kirkland, all-around great guy.
Rick had a tradition of calling people up on Thanksgiving to personally thank them if they’d helped him that year. I know because he called me that year, which was as cool as it was unexpected. It’s a great tradition, and since Monday was Thanksgiving here in Canada, and this is the blog age, I’ll continue it (a few days late) here.
I’m grateful for …
- having a great wife with whom I’m building a good life,
- a healthy kid who’s funny, fun, inquisitive and cute,
- great parents who have always shown their love and support,
- an awesomely cool sister and a great new brother-in-law,
- fantastic in-laws who always make me feel like a very important part of the family
- great friends,
- a solid house in a good neighbourhood in a fantastic city
- a brilliant job that gets me excited every day
- the opportunity to live in a strong and free country where we can live out our dreams
… and that’s just to start. I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and got to spend it with your friends and family.